Sunday, January 17, 2016

What's Your Favorite Rifle Caliber?

This is a favorite topic for all hunters!  From my conversations with The Brotherhood I know it has been intensively examined in light of the upcoming elk hunt.  What caliber do you like best? Why?

I'll be running a series of posts related to this subject, so stay tuned...


2 comments:

  1. 30-06 is my favorite probably because it's the gun I have. It has good range as well as knock down power. I primarily hunt whitetail with it but I would feel comfortable taking down any North American big game with this caliber. I also just love the way the name of this caliber sounds when you say it. "I shoot a Remington model 700 thirty ought six" or "I bagged that buck with my ought six"

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's is no arguing with that reasoning. The 30-06 is an American classic! Probably more big game killed with this caliber than any other. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete